Sunday, October 09, 2011

Thanksgiving

It is once again Thanksgiving in Canada.

A turkey is roasting away in the oven, while I try to make breadcrumbs for dressing. The weather is clear and warm, warm enough to have the windows open. The cats have all found sunbeams to sleep in, and the ferrets have all snuggled under the easy chair for their afternoon naps. With the exception of chest colds PeterC and I are both healthy, healthier than we have been in years. Sales at my etsy store have been very good these last two months.

I smile each day now, if only for a few minutes while the ferrets or cats do something silly. I have begun to dance again, if only in the quiet afternoons while PeterC is away. My creativity is flowing again, which means even more product to stock my store with. I have made friends in the local SCA group and am truly enjoying myself. It may not seem like important stuff but I am thankful for each and every one of these simple things. I'm even more thankful that I have reached a stage in my life where I can see and appreciate the simple things again.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm truly happy for you Dee--enjoy!

L.