Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Siege III

This past weekend was Summer Siege III. Friday we spent a good part of the day setting up hay castles, stringing barriers, and in general setting up mostly soaking wet. It was wet, wet, wet Friday. The rain came down in waves, sometimes so hard it looked like a sheet of water as it barrelled towards us.

Saturday was only marginally better. Saturday morning was very wet and we were glad we had purchased a non-period rain cover for our merchant booth. The wind was blowing in from the south so we had to set up some fabric to keep everything under the rain cover from getting wet anyway.

Saturday afternoon turned partly sunny, with spotty rain showers. Most people set up inside the farmer's market building but since we were already set up we just stayed where we were. With the afternoon clearing up I was very happy we stayed outside. There were enough people to justify setting up the booth, with sales covering our costs for the event and letting us put some money back in the bank.

I entered a painted and carved coffer into the A&S, which turned out was a people's choice competition. I won, rather surprisingly as there was some nice stuff entered. I forgot to take pictures of the box before I presented it to the Baroness who has gone out of her way to make sure PeterC and myself felt welcome and were enjoying ourselves at every event we attended.

All in all it was a good day. And, with all the things I made for the merchants booth not selling I now have a huge inventory for my Etsy store o be entered slowly over the next few days. With much luck I'll sell even more items over the coming weeks.

No comments: