Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Keeping Busy

With the weather heading resolutely to the wet and cold variety I have been taking advantage and getting some more products ready for my online store, Chestnut Tree Creations. Truth is I spend 6-8 hours every night working on stuff but the cold and wet has allowed me a few extra hours in the day, too. I've also spent some extra time in the kitchen making bread, but that is a once a week project.

Besides my normal projects, wood carving, nalbinding, and weaving, I've also taken up jewelry making. Mind you it is mostly an offshoot of my wood carving, though a few of my pieces are metal only. I don't know why I decided to take up jewelry making, but for some reason I decided it was a good skill to add. It also gives me a few different things to list and sell. There are only so many needles or spoons you can carve before you go insane.

Once I get the current projects finished I am considering carving some tree ornaments. I still haven't decided on a pattern but I know I don't want to do the classic Santa or elves that are so popular with wood carvers at this time of year. I still have to give it some thought, though I can't procrastinate for to long. If I wait much longer, the carvings will be for next year not this.

So even though the garden has been put to bed, the ground is cold, and the air damp, there is plenty to keep me busy. Now if I could just get motivated to clean the house once a week. Ho, hum. Oh wait I here my carving knife calling. Gotta go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your article in the carving magazine. Pretty cool Dee!!

L,

The Sisters said...

You do keep busy! Way to make time for it all!