Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring is Here

Last week I mentioned that Spring was in the air, and that I expect to see Robins soon. I was correct. In fact it was only two days later that I saw the first Robin, and Canada Geese, Starlings, Nuthatches, Goldfinches, Red Wing Blackbirds, and even a baby rabbit. The ground has even thawed enough that we were able to put up a length of fence to keep the chickens from wondering into the neighbour's yard. Spring is officially here, even if it dusted snow yesterday and dropped down to -2ÂșC overnight.

As much as I love Winter, I am glad to see Spring this year. This past Winter was dreary and cloudy a majority of the time and I truly missed the sun. With luck, Spring will be brighter and sunnier than Winter and I'll be able to enjoy the sun after such a brooding season.

No comments: