Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada and I find I have a lot to be thankful about.

I am thankful that two neighbours have now commented about how nice it is to see chickens in the backyard, one even going so far as to ask for eggs which I couldn't provide yet.

I am thankful that the garden was very productive, even with the cool wet summer, and we have 25lbs of carrots, 10 lbs of beets, 4 quarts of dry beans, and still have sweet potatoes and hot peppers to harvest.

I am thankful that PeterC has once again returned safe and sound from his business trip.

I am thankful that we have food in the house, much of it from our own garden over the years, and wood for the stove, and warm furry bodies to keep us from freezing in the middle of the night.

I am thankful today for PeterC, who supports me in all my moods and holds me through all my fears and tears.

Today is a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is nice to just sit back and reflect about all the things to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving guys,

L.