Friday, July 17, 2009

Another Award - Honest Scrap


Well, Penny over at http://backtobasicliving.com/blog/ decided I needed another award. As with the last one it requires me forwarding this award to 10 other blogs, which I can't do. I don't read 10 other blogs. I read Penny's blog and I read forums. However, I am more than willing to send as many readers over to Penny's really cool blog as often as I can.

Here are the instructions that came with it:

  • “The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self but it must be shared!
  • First, the recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
  • Second, the recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
  • Third, Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given with this award.
  • Those 10 bloggers that receive this award should link back to the blog that awarded them “The Honest Scrap’ award.
So, 10 things no-one knows about me. I'm not sure I have 10 things no one knows about me that I am actually willing to share, but I'll try.
  1. I didn't go to college until I was in my 30's and only because I was able to get student loans from the Canadian government. PeterC also encouraged me a great deal and was my tutor for the math and physics courses. I earned a Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology.
  2. I chew my fingernails, right down to the meat. I'm trying to stop that but haven't had a lot of success. According to my mom I've chewed my fingernails since I was 6 months old. She tried everything in the book including hot sauce and tape but nothing worked. Still doesn't work.
  3. Every summer I let PeterC shave my head to stubble because I can't stand long hair in the heat. My hair grows so slowly that it takes a year for my hair to get long enough to be pulled back with a hair band, but not long enough to make a pony tail.
  4. I declared at the age of 10 that I was going to move to Canada to live in a cave with a bunch of cats. I made it to Canada, and I have the cats, but I haven't found a cave that I can afford that comes with Internet.
  5. I can't sleep unless I have a fan blowing on me. I tend to be very hot natured and can't sleep if I am hot. But, there is also the drone factor. Even in the middle of winter when it is 14ÂșC in the house I have to have a fan on or I can't sleep.
  6. I believe in reincarnation and really hope I come back as a cat lover's pet. Not the traditional reincarnation of progression from animal to animal until I am good enough to be human, but the transmutation form of reincarnation. I believe that I will come back each and every lifetime as something different be it animate or inanimate.
  7. I have a weird obsession with doing things the old way instead of the new way, thus tablet weaving, nalbinding, and woodcarving as hobbies. I have been called a Luddite but that fact that I have no problems with technology just prefer doing some things the old fashioned way kind of counters that label.
  8. I'm feeling jealous of PeterC right now. The new chicks seem to have imprinted on him and come to his hand when he makes kissy face noises at them. I try the kissy face noises and they look at me like I am a snake planning on swallowing them whole. I guess I know who is putting them to bed every night.
  9. I feel very lost and lonely when I look at the stars at night. When I was a kid I thought I was an alien child who had been dropped off by my real parents to "learn" about Earth. I guess some part of that little child still lives in me.
  10. My favourite foods are oranges, a perfectly cooked steak, and a garlic Alfredo pasta.

2 comments:

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

Very interesting 10 things - it was fun learning a little about you! I was a late bloomer with regard to college as well. I took courses here and there over the years, and didn't get serious about it until my late 30s. I got my degree the year I turned 40.

The chicks my hens hatched out this year are simply terrified of me. They finally come when I throw scratch or treats out, but they are skittish and don't care to get too close. It makes me sad too!

Dee said...

Thanks Penny. It took me two weeks to come up with 10 things I thought interesting enough to share but not to personal.