Well, Penny over at http://backtobasicliving.com/blog/ decided I needed another award. As with the last one it requires me forwarding this award to 10 other blogs, which I can't do. I don't read 10 other blogs. I read Penny's blog and I read forums. However, I am more than willing to send as many readers over to Penny's really cool blog as often as I can.
Here are the instructions that came with it:
- “The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self but it must be shared!
- First, the recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
- Second, the recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
- Third, Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given with this award.
- Those 10 bloggers that receive this award should link back to the blog that awarded them “The Honest Scrap’ award.
- I didn't go to college until I was in my 30's and only because I was able to get student loans from the Canadian government. PeterC also encouraged me a great deal and was my tutor for the math and physics courses. I earned a Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology.
- I chew my fingernails, right down to the meat. I'm trying to stop that but haven't had a lot of success. According to my mom I've chewed my fingernails since I was 6 months old. She tried everything in the book including hot sauce and tape but nothing worked. Still doesn't work.
- Every summer I let PeterC shave my head to stubble because I can't stand long hair in the heat. My hair grows so slowly that it takes a year for my hair to get long enough to be pulled back with a hair band, but not long enough to make a pony tail.
- I declared at the age of 10 that I was going to move to Canada to live in a cave with a bunch of cats. I made it to Canada, and I have the cats, but I haven't found a cave that I can afford that comes with Internet.
- I can't sleep unless I have a fan blowing on me. I tend to be very hot natured and can't sleep if I am hot. But, there is also the drone factor. Even in the middle of winter when it is 14ºC in the house I have to have a fan on or I can't sleep.
- I believe in reincarnation and really hope I come back as a cat lover's pet. Not the traditional reincarnation of progression from animal to animal until I am good enough to be human, but the transmutation form of reincarnation. I believe that I will come back each and every lifetime as something different be it animate or inanimate.
- I have a weird obsession with doing things the old way instead of the new way, thus tablet weaving, nalbinding, and woodcarving as hobbies. I have been called a Luddite but that fact that I have no problems with technology just prefer doing some things the old fashioned way kind of counters that label.
- I'm feeling jealous of PeterC right now. The new chicks seem to have imprinted on him and come to his hand when he makes kissy face noises at them. I try the kissy face noises and they look at me like I am a snake planning on swallowing them whole. I guess I know who is putting them to bed every night.
- I feel very lost and lonely when I look at the stars at night. When I was a kid I thought I was an alien child who had been dropped off by my real parents to "learn" about Earth. I guess some part of that little child still lives in me.
- My favourite foods are oranges, a perfectly cooked steak, and a garlic Alfredo pasta.