Sunday, June 07, 2009

Spring Cleaning

We spent the afternoon yesterday doing our twice a year clean and organize of the garage. We keep it fairly well organized but over the winter and early spring hectic days it tends to get a little cluttered. When you are working in the yard and it suddenly starts raining, everything gets tossed into the garage willy nilly. Do this a couple of times and you suddenly find it hard to move around without bumping into things. Everything has a place, it just doesn't make it there as it should sometimes.

While cleaning the garage we listened to a CD given to PeterC by a co-worker. Turns out he is in a band called Leaving Beechwood, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I actually enjoyed listening to them. They are a little bit grunge and a little alternative for my tastes but as a casual listen in the background while I worked they had a good beat. I definitely recommend them to anyone who likes independent groups.

In the spirit of spring cleaning I am going to be changing the blog a little over the next few days. I'm going to be adding more links to websites and forums I find interesting, especially those dealing with tablet weaving and nalbinding. That way any one who is interested in trying to learn these hobbies can have access to the same sites I visit regularly. If you have any specific requests that I miss please feel free to leave a comment requesting more information.

1 comment:

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

We don't do that so much in our garage - but we have a "spare room" that ends up so cluttered with stuff that I store there "temporarily" that you can barely open the door. Every few months I force myself to clean it. Not a pleasant task.