Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mother Robin

I spent the afternoon outside yesterday doing some yard cleanup and putting a fence around the spinach. It was a little cool, much cooler than it has been over the last couple of days, which was a relief to me. After having 30º C temperatures just two days ago it seemed almost like t-shirt weather at 12º yesterday. In the end I did have to go in and get a long sleeve shirt.

When it was time to come back inside I happened to look up at the robin's nest on the back yard light. Just I looked up mother flew in and was greeted by 3 fairly large heads. I don't know how many eggs she laid but three have definitely hatched. I couldn't see very much of them but they looked very naked and were not making a lot of noise so I am guessing they hatched sometime in the last 48 hrs. I can't wait to watch them grow up and learn to fly.

No comments: