Monday, January 26, 2009

Dreaming of Spring

I said in one of my earlier posts that I wasn't getting twitchy about planting season yet. As it turns out I may not be but my subconscious is getting quite twitchy for spring to arrive. Several nights in a row now I have dreamt about flowers and flower gardens. I see a sea of purple, red, and yellow flowers covering our snow free and green yard. Not that it is likely to happen but the dreams are always very pretty.

The seed catalogues have arrived and I have been scanning through them trying to figure out exactly what we are planting this year. I've been thinking about trellises covered in Scarlet Creeper and some other pole bean. I've been envisioning sweet and regular potatoes, as well as corn, beets, carrots, peppers, snap beans, dry beans, lettuce, spinach, summer squash, and tomatoes. I don't think I have room for all that but in my mind there is always enough room for everything.

I'll be placing my seed orders by the end of this week so I have to make up my mind pretty soon. Maybe it is time to drag out the graph paper and actually plan out my garden space. The only thing I know for sure is something will be planted in the hanging baskets on the front porch. I just don't know if it will be hot peppers, red peppers, or tomatoes. Ah, spring!

1 comment:

basicliving@backtobasicliving.com said...

I couldn't agree more. I am SO ready for spring! And just thinking of the garden makes me yearn for it. I'd love to see pictures when you get your hanging baskets all set up!

Penny