Saturday, August 09, 2008

Catching Up

We haven't managed to get a lot done on the cloak room this week. PeterC's schedule has changed again at work and I can't do either the flooring or the moulding by myself. I thought I could but apparently I left my superhuman abilities somewhere else. Maybe I need to get myself a super-suit or something.

What I have done is get a couple of coats of urethane on the sills and table. Unfortunately, it looks like I will have to sand the last coat off on all three and redo it. The urethane ran on the sills and I have these ugly lines with bubbles of urethane at the ends. The table is another story. The squirrels figured out how to get into the garage, to raid the seed bins, and left little squirrelly prints in the fresh coat of urethane. The seeds have moved back into the house.

In other news it has been brought to my attention by PeterC, and several other blogs, that Canada is screwing the aboriginal children, yet again. The Minister of Indian Affairs promised to build a new school on a remote reservation, after the last one was closed because of diesel contamination from a spill way back in the late 1970's, but has since backed out of the deal. You can read more here. Perhaps we need to look for other solutions since the Canadian Government can't be bothered. Even in Australia widely separated children living in the outback are provided schooling via the Internet and ham radios. Surely, it isn't to much to ask to provide a school for a whole community.

No comments: