Thursday, July 24, 2008

Taking a Break

Yesterday was day 25 of our renovations. I painted the walls with the first coat of wall paint and discovered that no matter how careful I am or what gadgets I have, I will get paint on the ceiling. I also managed to paint the power circuit, myself, and the floor. I never claimed to be a neat painter but I thought I was better than that.

Today, I am taking a break from renovations and work on carvings. I discovered that I didn't know enough about relief carving to take on the large plaque that PeterC had requested. To learn about relief carving and how my new tools worked I decided to create some 4" x 4" tiles that will be used to decorate the newly renovated room, whenever it gets finished that is.

2 comments:

PeterC said...

Pictures, we want pictures! before during and after!

Anonymous said...

I agree!