Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Renovations - Day 20

I originally thought I was going to be able to go straight to priming today but in the morning light I could see several areas that need sanding. I tried each gadget PeterC purchased yesterday and found I simply preferred the hand sander while standing on the ladder. I could put pressure into it unlike the sanding pads on the pole and it didn't clog like the vacuum sander did.

I worked at it until I had what looked like a reasonably smooth, level surface and then I started priming. I started on the walls and found out that one can of primer does one thin coat on every surface in our little room. By the time I got around to doing the ceiling I was running quite low on paint and had to really squeeze the roller to get any paint at all on the last 2' x 2' area.

I wasn't to pleased with the results as it looked splotchy while I was doing the painting. But, once it dried, and the afternoon sun hit it, the paint looked much more even with only the thin spot on the ceiling really showing badly. I'm starting on the ceiling tomorrow so at least the thin area gets a good coverage and we'll see how well the rest of it goes. If we have to we'll go get another can of primer and put a third coat on everything.

1 comment:

PeterC said...

Thank god the dry wall is done!