Yesterday was so hot and humid we decided to claim holiday rights. I vacuumed the evolving dust bunnies up while PeterC worked on his computer. In the end, it required replacing but not before he gave it a good computer nerd try. We tried using his old memory to upgrade my PC but it didn't work. Oh well, maybe next year I'll get an upgrade too.
We got up early to get as work done as possible since it is supposed to be hotter today than yesterday. Considering it was 80% humidity and 28ºC in the shade at 8:00 am this morning, I can believe it will be much hotter this afternoon. As it was we were both soaked by the time we finished a couple of hours later.
Today was the second coat of gloop, my new name for the joint compound since that is the sound it makes when it slides off your trowel and hits either the new wooden floor or the head of the shortest person in the room. Guess who that would be, yup me. Luckily it washes out easily. We also finished securing the floor with the 4" masonry screws. Now there is very little movement in the floor and what is there would require screws every 4" to 6" but we aren't planning on doing that.