Sunday, June 29, 2008

Renovations - Day 5

When I said we had gaps between the house and the mud room wall I wasn't kidding. Yesterday, we used spray foam to fill the gaps and today we woke to find the foam had expanded not only on the inside as it cured but on the outside too. We'll have to take a knife and trim it back once we finish with everything inside.

We had to buy some cat food and a cement trowel before we could move on to the next step, filling the gap with cement. By the time we got home from shopping it was getting dark as a series of thunderstorms started moving through. PeterC mixed the cement in the bucket in small portions while I trowelled the previous batch into the gap, making sure to pack it as deep as possible. Considering it was my first time laying cement I think I did a pretty good job.

No comments: