Thursday, May 22, 2008

Victoria Day - Long Weekend

Monday was Victoria Day for us Canadians, which means PeterC had an extra day off plus he took Thursday and Friday of last week off too. May long weekend is the traditional garden planting time for most of our neighbours and ourselves, but we were ahead of the game this year. Instead, we spent the time cleaning up dead fall, installing the water barrels, repairing gutter damage, and planting the apple trees that arrived the Thursday before. We also spent a full day cleaning and organizing the shed so that it is usable without having to remove everything in sight first.

So, even though we got a lot of work done over the long weekend, it wasn't the work I normally get done around the house. I've been trying to get caught up on all those little things that got put aside like vacuuming and laundry, and not making very good headway. I've got at least another 4 loads of laundry to do and of course it is raining out so I have to use the dryer. I've filled the sink for my second load of dishes and the vacuum cleaner is waiting oh so patiently for me to start it up this morning. I guess I need to get to it or it will be waiting for me tomorrow too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow. My motto where housework is concerned. Take care,

L,