Sunday, February 17, 2008

Feb 24, 2008

I always try to have something instructional, entertaining, or interesting in my weekly post but not this week. It has been a low week for me both emotionally and physically. I struggle to get out of bed; struggle to get my work done; and struggle to relax in the evenings. My mind seems to be wandering all over the place recently.

I have been working on my carvings this week but not very enthusiastically. I do have two small carvings done that I hope to turn into Christmas Tree ornaments for my In-Laws. I have also worked, albeit very slowly, on another window brace. The work looks ok but I just don't seem to have my heart in it this week.

I tried to do some baking this week but created small hockey pucks instead. I'm afraid I have killed my sourdough starter, but I'm not sure how. I've moved it into the wood stove room where it is warmer. Hopefully it will turn out that is was simply cold, not dead, and I'll be back to making decent biscuits before the week is up.

PeterC and I have agreed to plant some lettuce, spinach, and cat grass under the greenhouse lights. We're both getting tired of store bought greens going bad the first night home from the grocery store, or worse yet having little or no flavour. The greenhouse greens are an experiment and if it works we will have fresh greens two or three months earlier than normal. I am looking forward to that.

No comments: