Saturday, January 05, 2008

Another Drawing

I decided to challenge my drawing abilities, and get some practice in at the same time, by drawing another section of the reference photo from the last post. This time I chose a section with more spheres and I made the drawing larger so I could work in more detail. It took me about 12 hours to complete this drawing and I was definitely getting tired by the end of it.

In other parts of my life it has been fairly quiet. I've had some time off from work for the holidays, which explains the amount of time I've spent drawing. I've also made loose plans for the garden, baked some sourdough bread, working with some new grain flours in the process, and in general just tried to relax.

Quiet time is coming to an end though. Soon it will be time to start seriously planning out the garden space, planting seeds, and making summer renovation plans. Until then I will try to keep my life in order and stay busy with work, in and out of the home.

No comments: