Monday, December 03, 2007

Sourdough Bread

I mentioned yesterday that I had been baking bread most of the weekend. When I got up this morning and saw all those beautiful loaves of bread sitting on the counter just waiting for someone to take a slice or two. I thought I'd share my lovelies with you, and brag just a little, about the fact that my sourdough starter seems to be flourishing and is obviously doing its job.

There are two loaves of 50% wheat, two loaves of white, one loaf of cinnamon raisin, and the round loaf is herb. PeterC took a loaf of cinnamon raisin to work today but you get the idea. I'm so happy, and very excited to see this particular little project work out so well. PeterC seems quite happy with the results too, as he has declared he isn't sharing with anyone at work regardless of how much they beg. I do so love it when my food is appreciated.

No comments: