Saturday, November 17, 2007

Goddess Spoon and Penguin

Title: Goddess Spoon and Penguin
Wood Species: Basswood
Technique: Standard Carving using a knife
Finishing: NaturOil

These two carvings were completed this week from scrap basswood. I hate wasting wood, especially when I'm not sure when or if I will be able to replace what I use, so I save larger scraps. The penguin started out as a 1.5" x 1.5" piece of wood. The spoon started out as a 2" x 5" piece of wood and my intention had originally been to carve a kangaroo. Somehow along the way a kangaroo became a spoon with a decidedly more esoteric theme. Maybe I'll get that kangaroo carved over the coming months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Dee; I see that you've been busy. Really nice. Please bring these in as well when you come back.

Take care,
L.