Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Trellis Window Brace

As stated in a previous post I spend a few hours a night in front of the TV and while sitting there I carve. It keeps my hands busy and my mind free, for the most part. I have finally completed my third window brace decorative carving and thought I would share it with you.

As with the previous two braces, this is made from a scrap piece of pine. The widest point is approximately 3 inches and the narrowest is only 3/4 inch or so. I started carving this piece in March and only finished the carving in mid-June. The staining and sealing took another two weeks as I wanted all coats to be good and dry before I put on the next coat.

I hope you enjoy looking at these as much as I like carving them.

Right Side - trellis and flower pattern.
Step Risers - a traditional border pattern.
Left Side- alternating positive and negative four spoke stars.
Long Riser - same traditional border pattern as the step risers, just a longer run of it.
Overview picture showing over all shape and size of the brace. That is my hand stealing a cherry tomato, which I picked from our garden yesterday :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Dee.

After hearing you talk about that last week I was hoping you would post some pictures.

Very well done.

-e.

Dee said...

Thanks e. It looks so beutiful in the windowthat I just know I'll be doing another one soon. Right now though I have tables, spoons, and the like to finish first.