Saturday, October 07, 2006

A Day of Thanks

Monday is Thanksgiving Day here in Canada. It is a day for feasting, family, and relaxation for most people and a day to give thanks for some. It's quite common to see entire families sit down to their meal and say a prayer to their preferred Supreme Being. Others will spend an entire day in quiet contemplation.

At Sparrow Haven we spend the day cooking a nice, though not elaborate, meal and just enjoying each others company. I am thankful on all days but Thanksgiving is a day set aside for giving thanks. So during the hustle and bustle in the kitchen I always find some part of my mind thinking about all the things I am thankful for. When I do this, a kind of peace comes over me and I feel more compassion for my fellow man and all the other beings that share this wonderful world with us.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

PeterC said...

I'm thankful for having a wife who cooks wonderful food while I am out tarping firewood.

Love ya, hon. :)